We regularly run Alpha-online Courses. Please sign up if you are interested.
Alpha is an opportunity to explore life and the Christian faith in a friendly, open and informal environment. Each weekly session includes a video on the topic for the week, and a discussion where you can share your thoughts. There’s no pressure, no follow up and no charge. If you'd like to find out more then please get in touch with our Alpha leader.
The course is on 10 Thursday evenings starting at 7.30 pm and finishing around 9 pm. There is also part of one Saturday (times to be fixed within the group).
The full course covers the following topics:
- Is there more to life than this?
- Who is Jesus?
- Why did Jesus die?
- How can I have faith?
- Why and how do I pray?
- Why and how should I read the Bible?
- How does God guide us?
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- What does the Holy Spirit do?
- How can I be filled with the Spirit
- How can I make the most of the rest of my life?
- Do can I resist evil?
- Does God heal today?
- Why and how should I tell others?
- What about the Church?
Comments from a recent course:
- 'Expected a little and experienced a lot, had an amazing time on the Holy Spirit away day. I consider Haven Green as my church now'
- 'Experienced God's love and grown 70% closer to God'
- 'Made a decision to attend Alpha, was welcomed by good people, found the course transforming, enjoyed it, found a Saviour. Took a Bible and I read it for one hour a day to hear God speak and listen to Jesus'
- 'Had the benefit of fellowship with friends in Christ'
- 'Enjoyed hearing the views of others, God gives a purpose and structure to my life.'
- 'Alpha was an inspiring experience, really glad to have attended, felt that I got what I was missing and longed for. Very impressed by Alpha.