We want to be known as a church with open doors welcoming people in, but also a community that reaches out to the world in need with the love of Christ, with people actively involved in the local community and in activities further from home.
Christians Together in Central Ealing
Haven Green joins with other churches for activities such as the annual Good Friday March of Witness.
Ealing Soup Kitchen
Ealing Soup Kitchen has been serving the homeless for over 30 years, and Haven Green members are an active part of this ministry run by teams of volunteers drawn from the supporting churches. (Please Note: the Soup Kitchen is unable to accept volunteers from outside the church teams.)
Christians Against Poverty
We support the work of Christians Against Poverty whose mission is to release thousands of families from grinding poverty through award-winning debt counselling and community groups.
We are a drop-off point for food donations for Ealing Foodbank and periodically have appeals in our Sunday service.
Hamsayeh International work with local churches to reach Farsi-speakers both in the UK and beyond. We host a range of English classes for the beginner and intermediate adult learner which are all delivered by qualified and experienced English teachers. The classes are free and operate in term time and are open to all nationalities, not just Farsi-speakers.
Teams from local churches go out on Friday nights to engage with people on the streets, to care, to listen and to chat. To find out more please click here
At Haven Green we believe in the worldwide call of Jesus and the privilege in sharing in what is being done in His name all around the world. Over the years long-term mission workers from Haven Green have worked in Papua New Guinea, Poland, Tanzania, and Niger.
Currently the mission workers we support are:
- David Chawner – Sports Chaplaincy for Sports Chaplaincy UK & Northants Cricket
- Susi Krueger – Translator Director in Germany for Wycliffe Bible Translators
- Roland and Carolien Smith and are missionaries with ECM, involved in church planting and discipleship in the Netherlands.
- Patrick and Harumi Watmough are ministering to the Japanese community in South London.
- Barbara Gosden – Supporting the work of the Princess Basma Centre for disabled children in East Jerusalem, and the girls from the Lazarus Home in Bethany.
- David & Rosemary Shaw – supporting the Church in Serbia
- The Leprosy Mission – Haven Green has long had a relationship with TLM, most recently through Chris Wickenden spending a year in Bangladesh helping with project financial management.